

ITINERARY:
Day 1: Singapore - Port Klang
Day 2: Port Klang - Phuket
Day 3: Phuket - Straits of Malacca
Day 4: Straits of Malacca - Singapore
Day 5: Arrival in Singapore
DAY 1 (28 November 2008, Saturday)
It's my first ever experience on the Star Cruise other than 2 other cruises that I've been on, about 15 years ago. The check in time was from 1900hrs to 2300hrs at the Harbour Front. I got myself registered and checked in shortly after 2030hrs.

The cabin is slightly less than 10sqm, so its a small room with a little aisle and a tiny bathroom.


Front Desk

Galaxy of the Stars


Stardust Lounge

Mariners International Buffet Restaurant

Pool Bar

Swimming Pool

Jogging track on the 6th floor

Mahjong table

About an hour after the ship departed from Singapore, its casino time! The moment that most passengers are waiting for. Nevertheless, I had a couple of great hands at the Carribean Stud Poker table.
DAY 2 (29 November 2008, Sunday)
The cruise arrived in Port Klang at around 1300hrs, and set for depature to Phuket the same day at around 1800hrs. The usual activites on board are breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper, watch shows, gambling in the casino, having a game of bingo, and mahjong games.
DAY 3 (30 November 2008, Monday)
In the evening, the cruise arrived in Patong Beach, Phuket. The sky was beautiful under the evening sunset as we had dinner on board before stepping our foot on Patong.




Due to the unavailability of parking space at the port, the cruise had to anchor 1.7km from Patong Beach, and there smaller ferry boats bring the passengers to the shore.
At Patong, a destination that I've been so familiar with, I heading to an Internet cafe to check emails, and then over to Junceylon to get some groceries at Carefour. Also at Junceylon, I had a facial session at Hanako for 300Baht. Back at the beach area, I settled for a 1hr quick massage and then went back to the pier to board the ferry back to Superstar Libra.
DAY 4 (01 December 2008, Tueday)
What else other than eating, gambling and sleeping all day? :p
DAY 5 (02 December 2008, Wednesday)
Superstar Libra arrived back in Harbour Front at around 12noon and I was fortunate not to have lost much at the casino table after 4 days of betting. Using points redemption to book a room, I managed to get onto the Superstar Libra by only paying seaport taxes, hence the expenses for this trip is pretty low.
MORE PHOTOS
Click here
FAST FACTS
Seaport Tax: S$216
Food & Beverage: S$4
Casino Expenditure: S$40
Miscellaneous: S$56
TOTAL EXPENDITURE: S$316
EXCHANGE RATE
S$1.00 = THB23.68
TRAVEL GUIDES / NEWS / MAGAZINES
Star Cruises
http://www.starcruises.com/newweb/main.aspx
Star VIP88
http://www.starvip88.com/V2/main/index.aspx
Phuket Beaches Guide
http://www.phuket.com/island/beaches.htm
Things to do in Phuket
http://www.phuket.com/activities/index.htm
Phuket Fantasea
http://www.phuket-fantasea.com/
Weather Forecast in Phuket
http://thai.wunderground.com/global/stations/48565.html
Phuket Gazette
http://www.phuketgazette.net/currency/currency.asp
Phuket Today
http://www.phuket-photos.com/frameme.php?page=phuket-tidal-wave.htm
Safety Tips
http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/safety.htm
Medical Facilities in Phuket
http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/hospitals.htm
MAPS
http://www.phuket-maps.com/
http://www.phuket-info.com/maps.htm