Sunday, 20 May 2007

Weekend getaway at Batam View Resort

ITINERARY:

Day 1: Singapore - Batam View Resort
Day 2: Batam View Resort - Singapore



DAY 1 (19 May 2007, Saturday)

I took a 1hr ferry from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and arrived comfortably without any seasickness at Nongsapura where I was greeted by the staffs of Batam View Resort. He transferred all of us to the hotel with a mini bus.
Arriving at the resort

It was a nice high-floor seaview room that I had.
Seaview

Room was pretty decent and nice too.
Clean, decent room

There were pretty much beach and seasports activities at the resort.
At the beach
Hunk at the beach?

Tug of war
Tug of war

Banana boat
Banana boat

There are even some very nice water villas next to the beach, however I bet it must be quite nosiy here since the beach activities are all there.
Beach water villa

While walking around the resort, I found out the the other side of the island is more peaceful and quiet. There is a seafood kelong restaurant there and a coast of coconut trees.
Banana boat

Here, at the other side of the island, the water villas are also more peaceful and offers a better view.
Banana boat



DAY 2 (20 May 2007, Sunday)
Sunday is always the time to laze around till late. Check out is at 12noon and we were all being transfered to the ferry terminal by the resort bus. The 1hr ferry ride ends back at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.



MORE PHOTOS
Click here



FAST FACTS

Ferry & Accomodation: S$92
Seaport Tax: $14
Food & miscellaneous: S$74
TOTAL EXPENDITURE: S$180



TRAVEL GUIDES / NEWS / MAGAZINES

Batam View Homepage
http://www.batamviewresort.com/