Day 1: Singapore - Port Dickson - Singapore

01 May 2007, Tuesday
It's Labour Day today, and having gotten my Suzuki GSX-R 1000k5 two days ago, I decided to try out its power on the North South Highway (NSH) in Malaysia. I've planned to setoff at 0700hrs in the morning, but was dampened but he downpour. I continued to laze in bed until 1000hrs before pushing off to the Malaysia customs.

The sheer power of the bike took me less than an hour before I arrived at Yong Peng for the famous Wonton Mee. Acceleration from 0-100km/h is less than 3 seconds, and the top speed is in excess of 299km/h.


I continued along NSH and took the Port Dickson exit along route 53. Soon, I was riding along the coastal road of Port Dickson. It isn't as nice as I had imagined; the beach is not very attractive, and probably its because today is a Public Holiday, thus the beach is really packed with the locals. I got myself a nice windy spot and relax over there for a drink.


My bike at Port Dickson

Before I feel more sleepy, I got on my bike and started making my way back. Had a stopover in Yong Peng for the FuZhou fishball & FuZhou noodles for dinner, before ending the trip back at Gelang Patah.
MORE PHOTOS
Click here
FAST FACTS
Petrol: S$35
Food & Miscellaneous: S$10
TOTAL EXPENDITURE: S$45
TRAVEL GUIDES / NEWS / MAGAZINES
PortDickson.net
http://www.portdickson.net/
PortDickson.com.my
http://www.portdickson.com.my/
Mari Mari
http://www.marimari.com/content/malaysia/popular_places/beaches/port_dickson/port_dickson.html
Hotels in Port Dickson
http://www.malaysiahotels.com.my/hotel/malaysia/nsb/port_dickson.htm
MAPS
http://www.portdickson.com.my/map_pd.html
http://www.malaxi.com/ShowMap.php?t=Port+dickson+map&i=maps/Sembilan/port_dickson_batu_5.jpg
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-map-486811-map_of_port_dickson-i