ITINERARY:
Day 1: Singapore - Bali
Day 2: Legian - Kuta - Denpasar - Sanur - Ulu Watu - Jimbaran
Day 3: Legian - Tegallalang - Kintamani - Tampaksiring - Tmn Ayun - Tanah Lot
Day 4: Bali - Singapore
DAY 1 (09 December 2009, Wednesday)
With KLM flight's new flight schedule from Amsterdam to Bali, transiting in Singapore beginning 07 December 2009, this means flights to Bali from Singapore are being offered at rock bottom prices. I paid S$140/nett for my flight including taxes!
My flight KL835 arrived in Ngurah Rai Airport in the evening at around 2005hrs. Having purchase a taxi coupon from the airport, I took a taxi to Balisani Padma Hotel in Legian for Rp55,000. The pre-booked room was available upon arrival.




DAY 2 (10 December 2009, Thursday)
Rise and shine to a great new day in Bali! The pool at the resort is beautiful, and comes with a submerged pool bar.

After breakfast at the hotel, I rented a motorbike at a nearby shop for Rp50,000 to explore Bali island. Beginning with a slow ride through Kuta, Tuban and Ngurah Rai, I had some photo opportunities on the streets.



A Pura in Denpasar town

Denpasar's markets are vast and a relatively 'pungent'! Pasar Badung sells fruits and vegetables downstairs, and many local products upstairs. Pasar Kumbasari, along hte opposite side of the river from Pasar Badung, has handicrafts, fabrics and gold work.




Less than 10km away along the Eastern side of Bali is Sanur Beach. Sanur is a slightly upmarket alternative to Kuta. The beach is sheltered by a reef, where waters are calm.


What's better than a refreshing coconut by the sea?

Arts and handicraft shops lined the beach front in Sanur



Hindu prayers

Faces of Bali

A fully sheltered portable drinking water booth!

The Pura Luhur Ulu Watu is one of several important temples to the spirits of the sea along the south coast of Bali. A visit to Bali is incomplete without a sunset visit to Ulu Watu. However, do watch out for the naughty monkeys who snatches sunglasses or anything within reach.





After sunset, I headed north to Jimbaran Beach for dinner. The entire beach is fronted by a long string of seafood restaurants. One particular restaurant 'Menega Restaurant' is packed with diners, and I made every reason to dine there!
Soon after dinner, I made my way to Seminyak. Seminyak is the most exciting part of South Bali, home of the best restaurants, bars and clubs. Numerous places along Jalan Double Six have a funky atmosphere and are more hip than similar joints in Kuta.

DAY 3 (11 December 2009, Friday)
I hired a private car with a driver for sightseeing around the island today. We began the 12hrs journey with a visit to Tegalalang rice terraces.


Kintamani, overlooking the Gunung Batur volcano.

Tirta Empul holy springs temple in Tampaksiring.





Gunung Kawi consists of 10 rock-cut shrines, memorials cut out of the rock face in imitation of actual staturs. They stand in 7m high sheltered niches cut into the sheer cliff face.


Faces of Bali



The Babi Guling Ibu Oka (Roast Suckling Pork Rick) is the must-try in Ubud. Most tourist with a guidebook ends up in this restaurant for lunch.



Taman Ayun royal family temple


Pura Tanah Lot is probably the most photographed temple in Bali. It's an obligatory stop on many tours from South Bali, and is very commercialised and crowded during sunset.




Disaster soon begins as my tummy starts spinning. I recalled my last meal ate was the Babi Guling Ibu Oka in Ubud, and that has to be the culprit. For the rest of the night, I felt like vomitting and could not eat anything.
DAY 4 (12 December 2009, Saturday)
Yeah, its my birthday today! However, I'm down with diahhorea with more than 10 visits to the toilet so far. Went to the nearby clinic to see a doctor in the morning and was pescribed with few medications that cost me over Rp800,000!!! What a rip off! I couldn't check out at 12noon, and had to extend the hotel room till 1800hrs, where I had a transfer to the airport via taxi.
On board KL836 back to Singapore, I was given a comfortable and spacious seat near the rear so that I could have easy access to the restroom!
MORE PHOTOS
Click Here
VIDEO
Best of Bali 2009
FAST FACTS
Flight: S$140
Airport tax: S$22
Land transport: S$42
Bike rental & petrol: S$5
Accomodation: S$78
Entrance fee: S$6
Medical fee: S$63
Food & beverage: S$66
Shopping & miscellaneous: S$10
TOTAL EXPENDITURE: S$432
EXCHANGE RATE
S$1.00 = Rp6,707
TRAVEL GUIDES / NEWS / MAGAZINES
Bali.com
http://www.bali.com/
Indo.com
http://www.indo.com/
Bali Paradise
http://www.bali-paradise.com/
Bali Guide
http://www.baliguide.com/
Wikiedia - Bali
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bali
Lonely Planet - Bali
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/indonesia/bali
MAPS
http://www.baliguide.com/bali_map2.html
No comments:
Post a Comment